HOW YOU DOIN’?!
(Wendy Williams voice)
Today, we are JUMP+ING straight into the topic of CONFIDENCE .
“Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come BOLD+LY & confidently into God’s presence.”
Ephesians 3:12 NLT
Let me ASK YOU THIS…
Have you ever experienced the disappointment of working towards a goal, only to be met with rejection?
It can be a crushing blow to your SELF-ESTEEM, causing your once-strong confidence to CRUMBLE.
I can relate to this feeling all too well, and I bet many of you can TOO.
I’d like to share a few PERSONAL examples REAL quick so hear me out..
When I was in high school, I had my HEART set on becoming a majorette. I poured my HEART & SOUL into the auditions, only to be met with a devastating REJEC+TION of not making the team. I cried for days, feeling like I wasn’t GOOD ENOUGH.
Fast FORWARD ⏭️ to the time I APPLIED for grad school, and didn’t get in.
I was met with ANOTHER REJEC+TION. It felt like a massive setback, and my confidence took another hit.
FINALLY, my journey began to SHIFT.
It all start+ed when I decided to seek guidance from other majorettes and mentors. Little did I know, this decision would prove to be the best I’ve ever made.
They offered me some ADVICE & IN+SIGHT on how to improve. They even shared their own personal struggles and challenges with me. They believed in me even when I doubted myself and encouraged me to TRY AGAIN. So I did.
Now my SECOND experience auditioning & applying for school was so much different and BETTER than my first. I was much more confident in my abilities, & I believe that made all the difference.
I remember being filled with joy and relief when I received the good news. Y’all, my hard work REALLY paid off!
So just KNOW that setbacks and rejections are just temporary roadblocks. They don’t define us nor do they determine our future.
Instead, they SERVE as opportunities to GROW and BLOOM into the best version that we can BE.
Now, I won’t claim that I have fully mastered how to embody confidence because there are still some days when my own confidence takes a hit. But instead of moping around like I used to do, I make a conscious effort to keep pushing regardless of the outcomes.
Whew, thank God for GROWTH!
If you’re looking for a quick guide to help boost your confidence, you’re in the right place!
I’m here to share with you a few tips that has personally helped me regain my confidence. I truly believe it can work for you too.
So, let’s take a LOOK👀.
- Get RID of the ne-ga-tive self-talk: Because ain’t nothing wrong with you. REMIND yourself that you can and you will accomplish anything you set your mind to. Once your mind it made up, don’t look back honey!
- CELEBRATE your+self: You have unique skills & qualities that makes YOU STAND OUT from the rest. Besides, you’ll be surprised to know that others may envy or aspire to have what YOU possess.
- Don’t be afraid to ASK FOR HELP: Because honestly, getting some feedback may be what you need to get to where you want and need to BE. It’s okay to admit that you don’t KNOW everything. SEEK GUIDANCE from a mentor, advisor, coach or whomever to look at what areas you need to improve. You may also learn that you aren’t the only one who has gone through “these” struggles.
- LEARN from your experiences: View every experience as an opportunity for personal growth. The MORE you learn from your experiences, the better you become and the LESS you let setbacks kill your connection and your SELF-ESTEEM.
- Make self-care a PRIORITY: I know I talk about this a lot but it’s very IMPORTANT! Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally. Get some rest, exercise regularly, eat well, and do things that make you feel good about being YOU. Remember, PRACTICING self-care is vital to build and maintain the confidence that you need to be SUCCESSFUL.
I TRUST that these FIVE tips will help YOU. Just remember regaining confidence is a journey that requires CONSISTENT effort.
Now, I would LOVE to hear from YOU!
If this blog post has helped you, please comment the words,
“I am confident in myself”
below and feel free to add a help+ful tip as well. TOGETHER we can in+SPIRE & support one another on this journey to confidence.
“Let’s TALK ABOUT IT!”
As ALWAYS thank you for coming back each month to my Blog post. Your support means so much and it also what keeps me going!
Hit the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON & STAY TUNED TO NEXT MONTHS INSPIRING MESSAGE
Continue to MOVE on YOUR PURPOSE with PURPOSE
Yolanda J 🧡