WELCOME MY FRIENDS
This is the TIME & PLACE where we all can understand those moments of lacking motivation and struggling to follow through with our PLANS.
We’ve all BEEN THERE ..
Hitting the SNOOZE button instead of getting up for that early morning workout. Giving in to the convenience of EAT+ING OUT instead of cooking at home, or letting FEAR and distractions hinder our progress towards PERSONAL|| GOALS.
TRUST ME, I’ve been there too, especially now as a grad student where I find myself scrolling through social media instead of getting more schoolwork DONE.
Staying MOTIVAT+ED can be a real “S“!
Not the little “s” but the BIG ONE followed by T-R-U-G-G-L-E. But regardless of the challenges the task brings, it’s SO IMPORTANT to remind ourselves of the bigger picture and the long-term benefits that it offers. Ever heard of the mantra “Great THINGS take time?”
That’s why I want to share with you 7 REAL+ISTIC TIPS that have helped me stay motivated and ON TRACK and maybe they will help you too.
- DEDICATE a time each day for intentional prayer and devotion: Now this has been a powerful source of encouragement for me. Taking a few moments each morning to CONNECT with God, reflect on my blessings, & SEEK guidance brings a sense of peace and reassurance. It sets a POSITIVE tone for the day ahead and reminds me that I am not alone in my struggles. Whether you choose to do this in the morning, afternoon, or evening is entirely up to you. By the way, when I talk about being INTENTIONAL what I really mean is get into a focused mindset so that you can fully DEVOTE yourself to conservation with God.
- SEEK inspiration from influencers: During my toughest moments, seeking inspiration from influencers has become one of my go-to strategy. Whether it’s listening to their inspiring messages or absorbing their practical tips, these influencers have become an integrative tool in my journey towards success. Just LISTEN to a short message is really all the spark you need to keep pushing. Check out a few of my favorite influencers. Eric Thomas, TD Jakes,
- BE kind to yourself: This has been crucial for me. And still to this day, I still find myself struggling with being kind to myself while ACKNOWLEDG+ING that setbacks and mistakes are part of the journey. But that’s why I constantly REMIND myself to keep moving forward, even when things don’t go as planned.
- BURN some calories: This is my one of my most favorite things to do. It’s quick, effective, and energizing. And most importantly those endorphins make me feel OH SO GOOD! Going for a brisk walk, jogging, or doing some jumping jacks is all you need to get your heart pumping in minutes and inspired to do the very thing you need to do! Oh, by the way, if you’re looking for some more fitness tips to get you started, check out the previous blog post! 7 Ways to Make Regular Exercise a Part of Your Life
- WATCH the company you keep: Because really ain’t nobody got time for the negative Nancys. I always make it a point to check my circle because who I associate with matters. Choosing people who are positive can uplift and inspire you to ELEVATE and above all help you become the best you.
- REMEMBER if you done it before, you can do it again: This has really helped me. You remember that time when you thought you weren’t going to make it, but you did and proved yourself wrong. That’s the same thing that is happening now. The only thing that is different is the date.
- CELEBRATE small victories: Once I understood the importance of this, I felt better about myself and where I was heading. Whether it was simply going to bed early, shedding half a pound, or SAV+ING $100, each accomplishment became a reason to celebrate. Even if it meant finally starting that blog post I had been putting off, it was still a win worth ACKNOWLEDG+ING. Here’s my point, small victories matter just as much, and you absolutely deserve to be celebrat+ed. Cheers to that! 🥂
NOW LET’S get to our INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE for TODAY.
TIME TO GET TO ROOT WORK
Y’all CONTINUE YOUR INSPIRATIONAL Walk In PURPOSE ON PURPOSE TODAY!
Yolanda J 🧡